Offering cylindrical, flat, pressure-compensated, regular anti-siphon and non-drain emitters, Metzer irrigation dripline solutions are high on performance, reliability and durability and suitable for every crop, operating procedure and budget. With Metzer, farmers can produce more food with fewer resources.
Your Technology Partner Strong Partnerships for a Mutually Beneficial Future
We believe in the strength of partnership. That’s why we partner with leading companies to provide the very best drip irrigation products and quality services, at highly competitive prices. We take particular pride in our ongoing investment in advanced plastic and irrigation technologies and go the extra mile to provide our partners with access to those technologies on an ongoing basis. From production equipment to advanced emitters, from modern plastics and compounds to complete irrigation systems, our associates and licensees around the world enjoy immediate access to the market’s most advanced, yet affordable, drip irrigation solutions.
Less water. More savings. Better results
The population explosion and subsequent need for appropriate sanitary conditions have created a two-fold challenge in the area of fresh water resources.
Metzer leads the industry in Subsurface Drip Irrigation (SDI) systems and solutions for drip irrigation with wastewater. By turning wastewater from a liability into a valuable resource, we assist with both the global water shortage and the wastewater treatment issues.
The SDI Advantage
- Reduced water use, leading to large savings
- Increased fertilizer efficiency
- Better root development
- Fewer weeds
- Lower salinity due to evaporation on soil surface
- Less wear and tear, less maintenance required
- Less moisture-generated plant diseases
- No vandalism or theft
Next Gen Solutions for an Age-old Problem
The successful implementation of subsurface drip irrigation is largely dependent on the correct adaptation of the system to the topographic and climatic conditions on the project site.
The biggest threat to subsurface driplines is root intrusion. Metzer, in cooperation with Geoflow Inc., introduced the RootGuard® technology and more recently, the patented Nano-RootGuard®, in order to provide a solution to the problem.
Drip Irrigation Technology that Works with Nature
The RootGuard® technology releases herbicide through both the pipe walls and the emitter exit hole. The herbicide is entirely independent of the water flow. This is particularly important as root intrusion occurs at the intervals between the irrigation cycles.
The released herbicide is then absorbed into the surrounding soil at very low concentrations. Additional herbicide is only released once the previous batch has naturally degraded. Only the very tip of the rootlet makes contact with the herbicide, avoiding growth into the dripper. As a result, the plant has plenty of roots free to absorb moisture and nutrients and it stays away from the dripline and develops… just as nature intended.
From Liability to Resource
Metzer offers two unique wastewater driplines equipped with anti-bacterial inner layer: WasteflowTM and Cleanline. Waste source, treatment level and local regulations determine which product and implementation method are the most suitable.
- The anti-bacterial layer presents several advantages:Passive: Does not attack helpful bacteria, but prevents development of new resistant strains
- Non-photo-reactive: Operates in complete darkness
- Fixed: Does not migrate from the pipe wall to the water flow (complies with ISO standards), resists water flow abrasion
- Withstands high temperatures of extrusion and electro-fusion
- Durable: Remains active throughout the life of the pipe (several years)
First Class Materials. Multiple Designs. Next Gen Features.
Metzer offers an unparalleled range of drip emitters ranging from regular to pressure-compensated, cylindrical to flat and one-year use models to fixed drippers designed to perform perfectly for 15 years and more.
When it comes to quality – we make no compromises. We specialize in high-end pressure-compensated drip emitters designed to deliver high performance over long periods of time under the most challenging conditions such as water with solid particles or high biological content.
Metzer’s drip emitters offer unique features:
- The largest filtration area in the market
- Special compensation mechanism: No reduction of the water path inside the emitter
- Built-in self-flushing action at the start and end of each irrigation cycle
- Dual inlet configuration which ensures smooth water passage
- Raised inlets in flat emitters